Immigration Paragraph Notes


La Inmigración
Tu familia y tú vivís en México. Pero, tu madre vive en Los Estados Unidos para hacer más dinero. Quieres ir al otro lado a ver tu madre. ¿Pero, vale la pena, sí o no? ¿Por Qué?
1.      Think of both arguments and decide what you would do if you were in this situation.
2.      Write a paragraph in Spanish giving at least 3 examples to support your stance with introductory and concluding sentences.
3.      Check over your extended paragraph for vocabulary, grammar, spelling/accents and content.
4.      Turn in your rubric along with your extended paragraph.
         Sí                        No
La familia es importante
Family is important
Puedo regresar a México
I can return to Mexico
Para tener una vida mejor
To have a better life
Puedo perder dinero
I can lose money
Yo extraño mi madre
I miss my mom
Ellos venden niños
They sell children
Hay una educación mejor
There is a better education
Puedo morir
I can die
Hay más oportunidades
There are more opportunities
Hay descriminación
There is descrimination
Hay más dinero
There is more money
Puedo perderse
I can lose myself (I CAN GET LOST)
Hay libertad
There is freedom
Hay policia y I.N.S.
There is police and immigration
Es una aventura
It is an adventure
Es peligroso
It’s dangerous
Hay muchos trabajos
There are more jobs
Tengo que dejar todo
I have to leave everything




Vocabulario
Sí, quiero ir al otro lado a ver mi madre.
Yes, I want to cross the border to see my mom.
No, no quiero ir al otro lado a ver mi madre.
No, I don’t want to cross the border to see my mom.
Es vale la pena
It’s worthwhile
No es vale la pena
It’s not worthwhile

Pienso que…                 I think that…
Primero,                First
Segundo,               Second
Tercero,                 Third
Finalmente,           Finally
Porque                   because
También,               Also
Una razón              a reason

No comments:

Post a Comment